The Kentucky Derby is a Grade 1 stake race for three-year-old thoroughbreds held annually in Louisville, Kentucky and 2019 marks the 145th running of the “Run for the Roses”.
Run on the first Saturday in May, this race rounds off the two week long Kentucky Derby Festival and is one of the oldest and perhaps the most famous thoroughbred race in the United States. The race is one and a quarter miles and is held at the prestigious Churchill Downs and is known in the United States as “The Most Exciting Two Minutes in Sport”. It is the first leg of the United States Triple Crown.
The attendance at the Kentucky Derby ranks first in North America and usually surpasses the total combined attendance of all other stakes races including the Preakness, Belmont Stakes and Breeders Cup. The Governor of Kentucky awards the winner each year with the trophy and garland of 554 red roses, thus earning the Derby the nickname of “The Run for the Roses”.
Dates: 30 April – 06 May 2019
- 6 Nights Accommodation at Hampton Inn Downtown Hotel
- Daily Breakfast
- Dawn at the Downs: Trackwork at Churchill Downs & Breakfast
- Admission to VIP Taste of the Derby Function
- Stud Farm & Keeneland Racecourse tour(including lunch)
- Local Bourbon Distillery Tour
- VIP Hospitality seating, Buffet Lunch & Complimentary Bar for Oaks Day & Derby Day
- Welcome Dinner & Drinks
- Farewell Luncheon & Drinks
- All Transfers throughout
- Services of an experienced tour leader(subject to minimum persons travelling)